The affiliate (aff) marketing business is a relatively new way of marketing products and services for which you don't have a direct relationship with the customer. Instead you act as an agent for an owner or a producer, and you are rewarded or paid based on sales or referrals to the owner or producer.
You can earn a healthy commission on the sales of products and services created by an affiliate (aff) of another business. It's not just a sideline source of income for you. In fact it is one of the fastest growing ways to make money online because it can be implemented on a large scale quickly and inexpensively.
How do I start Affiliate Marketing?
You simply sign up with the owner of the product(s) and you're in business. You can start promoting the products and services of others without any prior knowledge, without any experience, without any skills, and without any expertise (though it is much better if you have experience with the product(s)!).
You don't need to understand the content of the products and services you're promoting, you don't need to be a programmer, a writer or a sales person. You just need to be a willing agent for other people's intellectual property. And If you are genuine and honest in your promotions, you can provide a great service and win-win-win scenaria.
You simply find the representative of the products and services you want to promote, and you sign up with them. They provide you with an affiliate (aff) link. You use the affiliate (aff) link to connect to the owner of the product, and you start promoting their products and services. If the products and services have an affiliate (aff) program, in some cases you are automatically entered in the affiliate (aff) program (like with this free website builder), and you are automatically credited with a commission on sales and referrals. If the products and services don't have an affiliate (aff) program, you may be able to arrange a different solution with the product vendor(s), and then you can start promoting their products and services by promoting a different form of trackable link that is provided to you, and if you make a sale or referral, you are automatically credited with a commission.
This is how it works:
1. Find a product owner and a commission rate that would be good for you to promote. If you are new to this business, you just need to find a product or service that has a low entry cost. If you already are an expert in the field, you may even decide to promote a product or service that is similar to the one you're looking to market. However, you don't need to be an expert in order to make money from this business.
2. Decide the marketing methods you will use. You may use PPC (pay-per-click), PPS, article marketing, banner ads, or even a combination of these methods. Choose the ones that are suitable for your financial ability and experience. Also, choose a marketing method that is easy for you to implement, such as article marketing.
Once you've decided on a marketing method, the next thing to do is find the products or services that you want to promote. Visit the owner's website and visit the homepage. If there are any products or services in the market, you will probably see icons of “affiliates” or “affiliates links” near the top of the homepage. Click on these icons to view the website. Here you will see a list of products that are for sale. Select a product and click on “order affiliate (aff) link”. This will provide you with the affiliate (aff) link for the product.
3. Next, you may need to register for an account at one of the affiliate (aff) programs offered. Fill in the registration form, choose a nickname, choose a payment method, choose a lead capture page and finally create your affiliate (aff) link. After all these, you can finally create your affiliate (aff) link and start promoting the product.
Of course, you can start promoting products immediately after registering for an account at the affiliate (aff) program. But, it's always better to go for the first option. After all, the more time you can save, the more money you will earn.
Here are the basics of how to start affiliate marketing using an affiliate program:
1. Choose products or services that you can promote.
A good idea is to go for popular products or services. In fact, popularity has a great correlation with earning potential. After all, popularity can be born out of a high demand of demand of people in a particular market. On the other hand, a product that is not at all popular might be seen as a low quality, below value-added product.
But, the sky is the limit! You can use any marketing method you want. But, the most important thing is to choose a product that you have a special interest in or interest in it because it's appealing to you. The thing is, promoting a product that you are deeply interested in is easier than promoting one that you just happen to like.
2. Decide the ways to promote a product.
A basic rule of affiliate (aff) marketing is that more and more traffic means more and more money. The more traffic you send to a product, the more chance you will have to earn. For this reason, you need to build a traffic network. The best thing is that if you are building a traffic network, all of the people you work with are already working under someone else.
3. Build a site that will be a resource center for your traffic network. Your site should be about your target market. What they need, how they want to spend their money and most importantly, how they want to buy.
The idea is that your visitor will then go through your site and purchase or request something that relates to what you are offering. If you do this, you will have visitors that are looking for the same things as you, which is perfect for affiliate (aff) marketing.
4. Learn how to build a list. Most of the work is done, now you just need to make sure that you have access to their details. This is done by putting an opt-in form on your site, a good idea is to have it in the sign up or sign up link. Once your visitors enter their details, they become part of your traffic network, and you will be able to contact them whenever you want. If you are sending emails, you must make sure that you cc's yourself in the email, and not the sign up link.
5. Now is the time to take a break and organize your work. If you've been working on your site, organize your files, add pages, and organize your affiliate (aff) tools.
There is no right or wrong way to organize your affiliate (aff) tools. I usually organize them in folders according to their purpose.
After I've organized my tools, I may add a marketing report or two, a training (aff) video, and a free (aff) gift. This gives me a chance to send a quick email to my traffic network, while I'm enjoying my gift.
The gift should relate to your target market, and give them something that they need. They may not buy directly from you, but they may request something through your website. At this point, you should be spending some time organizing and thinking about next steps.
The key here is to pick and choose what you want to promote. If you are into dog training (aff) tools, then perhaps you want to promote dog training (aff) products. At this point, you may also think about signing up with some forums that are related to your product.
At this point you should have a traffic network that is growing fast. You should also have affiliate (aff) links driving traffic to your site. You should have sign up forms and a sign up or sign up link. At this point you may consider signing up with some pay per click programs, to bring in additional traffic.
To conclude, don't do this alone. Join a membership site that will help you out. Search and compare, and join a membership site that will help you out.
HERE IS A GREAT WAY TO GET AHEAD QUICKLY AND EASILY (We are actually blown away by this one).
DISCLOSURE: We are affiliates. If you buy something, we may earn commission.